Re: [Evolution-hackers] Couple new functions for ECal/EBook

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 11:21 +0530, chen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 17:27 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> > Backends using these classes can easily construct a suitable cache file
> > or directory name from e_cal_backend_get_cache_dir().

> get_cache_dir can simply return e_cal_backend_store_get_path.

I just realized ECalBackend -- which is where the "cache-dir" property
lives -- doesn't have access to ECalBackendStore.  The derived backend
classes all keep their own private store objects.

So without an API break to make ECalBackendStore just take a filename,
I'm back to square one.

In lieu of an API break I think I'll have to just replicate the path
building logic in ECalBackend, ECalBackendStore and ECalBackendCache.
Not ideal, but still better than all the backends doing it themselves.