Re: [Evolution-hackers] Couple new functions for ECal/EBook

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 06:34 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 11:21 +0530, chen wrote:
> > Is it required ? Having it in ECalBackendStore simplifies the backend
> > code to form the path based on the type (calendar,tasks,memos) at a
> > single place rather than every backend doing it..
>
> Forming the path at a single place instead of all the backends doing it
> is definitely the goal.  My thought was just that ECalBackend can do it
> as easily as ECalBackendStore, since ECalBackendStore does nothing else
> with the URI + type it's given and the path still has to be shared with
> ECalBackendCache somehow.
>
> Moving it to ECalBackend seemed cleaner to me, but I can try to keep
> things as is if you'd prefer to avoid the API break.
I am ok with having it in ECalBackend.

> > Btw we could deprecate ECalBackendCache and update just
> > ECalBackendStore.
>
> I thought of that, but evolution-mapi still uses ECalBackendCache pretty
> heavily.  Should we give Bharath and Milan some time to migrate off it
> first?
I hope they are doing it. Had a chat with Bharath a week back iirc as I
realized just then that mapi was not migrated. It should take not more
than half a day to migrate at the maximum. It should be more or less
s/cache/store work :)

- Chenthill.