Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution doesn't honor LC_TIME (and other LC_ variables)

On mié, 2008-03-05 at 14:39 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 20:16 +0100, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> > Since I'm not familiar with the po files (I don't know if I can modify
> > them directly or not) and so the work may take some time, agains which
> > version should I make my patches? Latest stable? Latest devel? Latest
> > SVN? Any preference?
>
> Always submit packages against latest SVN.

OK. I'll pick the SVN tree tomorrow morning (local time XD).

> Never modify po files directly.  You'll need to find the place in the
> source code where the translated string is coming from and fix it there
> (po files should point you to the exact file and line number).

I've never localized my apps, so I haven't used gettext myself. I had
the idea that msgmerge will update the PO files, but I wasn't sure.

> > I'll try to have some patch by tomorrow evening.
> No rush.  We're under a code freeze at the moment anyway.

Cool, because I won't have much spare time in a couple of weeks. The
patch looks simple, though, I think I can manage to do it fast.

Thanks for the advice :)

We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...