Re: [Evolution-hackers] Adding a new server type... How?

Hi again Michael,

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 13:51 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:08 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 21:02 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, personally ... i think it would be better to do it as a completely
> > > separate project.
> > >
> > > A few reasons - it is easier to distribute/manage, and it tests and
> > > validates all of the extensibility mechanisms we have put in recently.
> >
> > Could you give me a few words about which mechanisms, please?
>
> All the ones you'd need to use anyway ...
>
> Camel backends are only installable as extensions, for instance.  So
> there's no choice - it doesn't matter if they're installed separately or
> in the main tree.

So I basically just implement a shared camel library for my provider,
puts it in "$PREFIX/lib/evolution-data-server-$VERSION/camel-providers/"
with an .urls file describing the supported protocol? Will Evolution
then automatically discover my camel provider or do I need to tell evo
about it in some other way?

I am being a bit confused here. I thought that Camel was mail and mail
only. The extensions that I am seeing in the eds extensions directory
are all addressbook or calender related...?

> All calendar backends are abstracted from the frontend already too, so
> there isn't really any choice there either, and i believe they can also
> be installed separately.

I see some e[cal,book]backend shared libraries in
"$PREFIX/lib/evolution-data-server-$VERSION/extensions/. Are they
automatically registered with Evolution? Should I just put my own one
there??

Thanks,
  jules