Re: [Evolution-hackers] Indication of encrypted and/or verified signature

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 09:34 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Well I guess someone should come up with a concrete proposal and
> perhaps a patch?  Any proposal will have to take into account whether
> it is implementable or not, and not just made up ideas with no
> connection to the code-base.

Hmm, I'd been thinking about this issue in relation to inline PGP
signing as in my opinion the current display is less than optimal when
there is a signed part surrounded by text/plain parts or when there are
multiple nested signed parts.

My idea to improve this was similar to one already mentioned, run a
small bar of colour (red, yellow, green - depending on the status) down
the left hand side of the message. I've mocked up two examples of what
this could look like.

signed part surrounded by text/plain parts
http://www.mattb.net.nz/evolution/evo-normal-signed.png

nested signed parts
http://www.mattb.net.nz/evolution/evo-double-signed.png

As another improvement I would also propose to improve the text so
rather than saying "Valid Signature" it would say "Valid Signature from
Matt Brown 0x59B2D9A0" for example.

As to whether this is implementable or not, well that just takes all the
fun out of making a proposal doesn't it :P But seriously, from what I've
seen of the code in the course hacking up the inline-pgp patch it should
be feasible.

Assuming we could agree on a spec for the display I'd be willing to put
my hand up to give it a go once I get the inline-pgp stuff finished, if
noone else volunteers before then.

Regards

--
Matt Brown