Re: [Evolution-hackers] Indication of encrypted and/or verified signature

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:32 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 08:01 -0400, Carmine Greco wrote:
> > Right now the encrypted icon and signature icons are at the bottom of an
> > email.  Can those be moved to the top, most likely in the section of the
> > window that shows the headers?
>
> no, because it is possible to sign multiple individual parts rather than
> the entire message, so we cannot move the icon to the top.

It would still be nice to have some indication of the message's
authenticity in the header section, a sort of summary of the signatures
present. Mailinglist posts and other long chains tend to get a large
tail of sigs and such at the bottom, making it unpleasant to scroll to
check a signature.

Perhaps the beginning, as well as the end, of a signed portion could be
indicated somehow. There could be a block inline with the message, as it
is now, or a column to the side indicating the portion that is signed.

--
Juha Sorensen <demosh kolumbus fi>