Re: [Evolution-hackers] Bug #50046.

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 22:03 +1030, Not Zed wrote:
> It strips the group, but other addresses aren't lost.

I hadn't tried it with other addresses.

> > and when displaying a received mail, even with 'Show Email Source' IIRC.
>
> True, but such syntax is rarely used.

That is not my experience; I actually see it quite a lot -- many people
who went to University in the UK in the last few years seem to have
learned how to do this.

Undergrads soon learn that putting a huge list of recipients in the To:
and Cc: fields would cause storms of replies, and start to use Bcc.
Since RFC822 forbade messages with neither To: or Cc:, pine would make
the To: header say:
	To: Undisclosed recipients : ;

... and it wasn't long before people started typing their own
explanatory text in place of that.

--
dwmw2