Re: [Evolution-hackers] Multiple identity support?

Hi & thanks again for your answers!

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 21:02, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > I'd have to setup about 30 of these "source-type=None" accounts: is
> > there a practical way to do that (scripting, some gnome conf commands)?
> > Or should I try to edit the  ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml
> > file directely?
>
> You pretty much never want to do this last option. It will potentially
> totally break your system. :)

hey, I thought we were on evolution-hackers :-)   Ok, I'll make
some tries...                       ^^^^^^^

Another question: I'm working at 3 different places (of course never
at the same time), on 3 unix systems (linux/bsd), or maybe soon
even 4 if I count the apple notebook + fink + evolution (not tried
yet). Problem: I'd like to have exactely the same Evolution setup
on all workstations (same imap-based accounts, addressbook, sigs, etc.)

Any better way than rsync'ing the whole ~/evolution and
~/.gconf/apps/evolution directories to a central place at the
end of the day/work?   The ~/evolution is getting big (~20MB):
I guess there are some things I can --exclude from the rsync...
Are there other things I should take care of?  Are the config
files & db "platform independant" ?  (linux/bsd/osx).

Thanks & regards,
Olivier

 Olivier Müller - PGP: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland - AIM/iChat: swix3k