Re: [Evolution-hackers] Multiple identity support?

On Hën , 2004-02-23 at 14:43, Olivier wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 14:57, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > You can already do it.
> > Just create a new account with source-type=None with the identity you
> > want.
>
> Thanks! I should have found that by myself, but that was probably to
> simple, sorry :)  You could put that in some FAQ or feature list.
>
> I'd have to setup about 30 of these "source-type=None" accounts: is
> there a practical way to do that (scripting, some gnome conf commands)?
> Or should I try to edit the  ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml
> file directely?

You pretty much never want to do this last option. It will potentially
totally break your system. :) You can create some appropriate XML and
script it, I imagine. You will actually need to parse the XML and output
valid XML and set the gconf key properly, but it is certainly doable.

-- dobey