Re: [Evolution-hackers] libical import

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 04:03, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> Broken clocks...

	Will cause all manner of other problems.

> I believe the same argument can be made for configure and Makefile.in. A
> lot of people have problems with automake et al, problems that would be
> solved if you could build CVS source just like a tarball. So shouldn't
> we keep that in CVS too?

	Well; clearly a balance is appropriate - however presumably versions of
auto* that ship on recent systems are sufficient. FWIW - OO.o not only
stores the generated configure script in CVS, but also a load of
architecture-specific, patched, zipped mozilla binaries[1] ;-)

	So clearly some balance is needed,

	Regards,

		Michael.

[1] - on that basis, you might imagine it'd be easy to build but ...
--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot