Re: [Evolution-hackers] idea for relocatable url's in mailer

I have the mailer displaying local folders now...  Now I have to figure
out how to make the default folder settings and filters work again, so I
have looked into this stuff a little more.

> - Url's internally in evolution (mail) merely reference an account,
> plus a folder.

So, should we have something like
"evomail:///<account_id>/path/to/folder"?

Each EAccount has drafts_folder_uri and sent_folder_uri members;
currently they are physical (e.g. imap://), but I guess that changing
them to using this evomail: scheme would work?

> - they do this via a unique id which gets assigned to an account when
> it is created.

We already have this, in the form of EAccount.  Each EAccount has a
unique ID, although I think we need to add an EAccountList method to
fetch the account by ID.

> - any access to camel is then remapped from that uid to another,
> physically based one

I was thinking we could just have something like:

	CamelFolder *mail_component_get_folder (const char *evomail_uri);

I don't think we actually need the physical URI anywhere aside from the
CamelStore itself, do we?

> The filter code, the mailer, would use these internal url's, so that
> they would automagically update when the account changes, without
> having to track and change them all the time.

Nod.  We still need to monitor folder changes though; if a folder is
moved you still need to update the filters.

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>