Re: [Evolution-hackers] Regressions on stable branch

> >       * In the message composer, you can't tab through the to/cc/bcc
> >         fields anymore, since the to/cc/bcc buttons now get focus.  I
> >         think this is a side effect of one of the Sun accessibility
> >         patches; can we revert it?  (We can fix it properly for 1.4.6 or
> >         whatever by adding accelerators to the buttons...  Although I'd
> >         not do that now since it would break string freeze, again, and
> >         translators are already working hard to update the strings for
> >         1.4.5.)

Weren't these accelerators discussed and planned long before?

Additionally, due to #42864 using tab is somewhat impractical. The
dancing text makes gtkhtml lag and you are forced to stop in Cc: if you
just wanna go to Subject. Should be easy, to adjust the height.

> >       * The send/receive dialog resizes in an ugly way when it gets the
> >         "scanning folders on IMAP server..." message, which is quite
> >         annoying.  Can we make it use a different message, or go back to
> >         the old way of not showing that message at all?

Oh, yes...

> One that really bugs me is #47134: reopening the preview pane on a
> message last viewed doesn't redisplay the message, so you have to
> navigate to a different message with the preview pane open and then back
> to view the message again.  It broke in 1.4.1 or 1.4.2.  It's my #1 pet
> peeve with 1.4...

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 46837 ***

I already filed it a week before. And in fact, you do not need to start
with the preview pane hidden. Switching preview pane (hitting ` twice)
will do.

...guenther