Re: [Evolution-hackers] Regressions on stable branch

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 12:51, Not Zed wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 10:44, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> >       * In the message composer, you can't tab through the to/cc/bcc
> >         fields anymore, since the to/cc/bcc buttons now get focus.  I
> >         think this is a side effect of one of the Sun accessibility
> >         patches; can we revert it?  (We can fix it properly for 1.4.6 or
> >         whatever by adding accelerators to the buttons...  Although I'd
> >         not do that now since it would break string freeze, again, and
> >         translators are already working hard to update the strings for
> >         1.4.5.)
>
> I'm sure we can revert it.  Do you want us to revert it?

Yes please.  :)

> >       * The send/receive dialog resizes in an ugly way when it gets the
> >         "scanning folders on IMAP server..." message, which is quite
> >         annoying.  Can we make it use a different message, or go back to
> >         the old way of not showing that message at all?
>
> Just have to find the place the message is created, its using the wrong
> uri.

Hmmm what do you mean?  I don't see any URI in the send/receive dialog.

> And no, as i've explained at least once before, we can't go back.

Would you mind explaining why this is unavoidable?  If the code is such
that you can't filter those messages out easily, why couldn't e.g. use
an EClippedLabel, for example?

If at all possible it should be fixed, it looks ugly and annoying...

-- Ettore