Re: [Evolution-hackers] Status of mail-refactor-2 branch todo

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 14:31, Mike Kestner wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 12:47 -0600, Brett Johnson wrote:
>
> > If you implement this behavior, please make it optional (preferably on a
> > per-folder basis) -- it's terribly bad form to open & display a message
> > without the user being able to control it.  I (for one) especially don't
> > want this behavior when I select my spam folder...  I'd much rather
> > select & delete the whole lot without having to look at them...
>
> I'm assuming he's talking about scrolling the msglist to it, not
> necessarily selecting it.  We currently open folders scrolled to the
> top, with no messages selected, when they are first opened.  This would
> essentially be the same thing, only scrolled to the "likely" first
> interesting message to select.

How would you actually do this?  doesn't it automatically select when
you move the cursor?

FWIW I implemented it in the branch.  I have a very short unread
timeout, so all it does it read my mail instantly, which isn't very
handy if i've left a message unread as a sort of cheap todo.

So i don't really know *shrug* (or care really).