Re: [Evolution-hackers] remote calendars in Evolution

Umm...has anybody had a look at SyncML?
It's a XML-based synchronization protocol over any network and is currently supported by several major handheld/mobile phone manufacturers. Such as Nokia, Motorola, Ericsson, etc. I don't think it's usability is limited to syncing between a PC and a mobile device.

More information could be found here:
http://www.openmobilealliance.org/syncml/introduction.html

Costin Cozan wrote:

hi all,

JT Moree wrote:

I only recently saw the multisync project and will start exploring using it. I will need to grab the latest version of Evo and make it work. I am using RH 7.3 and not sure if all dependencies are met.

Anyway, my server side implementation is just as someone mentioned. A web server holds the file and
the client simply downloads a changed file and pushes back up when done.

OFF-LINE mode is a problem I have not tackled yet. Multi-sync may fix that.

The server side of it is also posted at
http://www.pcxperience.org/blog/index.html

there writes :

"- Valid user accounts maintained in an htpasswd file located in
/etc/http/auth/calendar.passwd. "

hey, we could use an LDAP server for auth, right?

Secondly, IMAP server are capable of fetching and storing remote files,
when you make it think its a mailbox.
Why we would need another server just for this?

I think if somebody uses at full extent the email protocols and with a
bit of intelligence, you can build interesting backend servers.

i attach this link  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2060.txt, and see how
easy is to do that.

Cheers,
Costin Cozan