Re: [Evolution-hackers] Storing Evolution config in an IMAP folder?

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 20:42, Dax Kelson wrote:

> > > PINE has been doing this for 3 years.
> >
> > good for pine.
>
> No need to be defensive. Evolution is great software, it finally tore me
> away from PINE after a decade of using it.
>
> Your response implies that features of other MUAs are irrelevant to
> Evolution.

Features of other MUAs are not necessarily relevant to Evolution.
Historically, there's been a lot of demand from users for Evolution to
implement every last feature of every last MUA.  That's never been the
goal of Evolution, though.  It's not something we can do, and it's not
something we'd want to do even if we could.

Every suggested feature will be weighed on its own merits, and the
observation that a feature has been implemented in some other MUA is
proof that it is possible, but it is hardly proof that it's either the
proper approach or a good idea.

-Mark Gordon