Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 13:02, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> well, it is sometimes useful, when you've got a search that returns a
> lot of appointments. In that case, a list where you can easily find the
> appointment you're looking for is a nice help.

Oh ok. Good point.

> We also need to figure out how to define which calendar the event goes
> > to, when you add a new one. Maybe have a default one, and then a context
> > menu that lists all calendars you can write to as "Put event in... ->
> > list of calendars you have in your Evolution"
> >
> yes, I wass thinking we could have something like mozilla:
>
> http://primates.ximian.com/~rodrigo/shots/mozilla-calendar/task-editor.png
>
> which lets you select the calendar the event is in. I don't know though
> if it is a good idea to let the user change the calendar once the event
> has been created, but we definitely want to allow the user to select the
> calendar when creating a new item.

I think it is also a good idea that ettore (or someone else, I forget)
suggested that like in iCal selecting a calendar from the list makes
that be the default calendar your new added appointments go to. Since
you dont need to use the dialog - one can just click on a part in the
day view and start typing to add a new appointment. The dialog sort of
is cumbersome so we need to make it possible to do it just by typing as
well. One can then drag to resize the event to set time etc.

Can calendar events be dragged btw? DND to evo mail should attach it as
a calendar event, DND to another calendar could then move it to the
other one. I think that would make sense.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>