Re: [Evolution-hackers] New UI stuff..

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 12:29, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 17:18, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > I liked the "mailer" style addressbook and tasks "preview pane" for the
> > item that you have selected in the list.
> >
> > Now, how hard would it be to have in-place editing for those? That would
> > eliminate the need of a clunky popup dialog for those.
> >
> > In other words, on the bottom part where you have something like this:
>
> Yeah we have been chatting on and off about this, I even think Chris has
> some prototype written down for the addressbook...  (How far did that
> go, Chris?)

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about that.  It was just for editing postal
addresses.  You specified the UI in xml.  Here's fi.xml, for instance:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<evolutionaddressformat>
<addressline><street/></addressline>
<addressline><postalcode/><city/></addressline>
<addressline><country/></addressline>
</evolutionaddressformat>

an early screenshot can be seen at:

http://toshok.org/images/addr-editor.kr.png

It looked a little better before I stopped working on it :)

The editor keeps track of values for the different fields and lets you
switch between country formats.  Works like the OSX addressbook editor.

Chris