Re: [Evolution-hackers] Status bar

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 17:33, Not Zed wrote:
> He's trying to make mouse over url's show the url in the status bar,
> so yeah its a valid thing to ask about :)

Hah-ha!  I didn't think of that.

> In this case it goes away as soon as your mouse moves off, so that
> part isn't difficult.  I think other automatic/transient things would
> never use it.

OK, I think we should just pack a clipped label at the head of the
status bar, and then have something like:

	e_activity_handler_set_message()
	e_activity_handler_unset_message()

as Erdi was suggesting, and when a message is set we show the label and
hide the tasks; when it's unset we do the vice versa.

(Maybe we should rename activity_handler to statusbar_manager or
something while we are at it too.)

-- Ettore