Re: [evince] Evince migration to GitLab instance

On Fri, 2018-05-25 at 17:10 +0200, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
On 05/25/2018 03:51 PM, Germán Poo-Caamaño wrote:
[...]
Drawbacks
---------
[...]
The format of some bug reports are messy (ascii turned out html
without
formatting), and I have been fixing them as I see them.

The bugs reports migrated and comments were assigned to the
bugzilla-
migration account. So, reporters without major privileges in
GitLab,
cannot close the bugs they reported in Bugzilla. However, adding a
comment to update the status of the bug should be enough for any of
us
with access to close them.

Hi Germán,

many thanks for your work migrating Evince to GitLab.

FWIW, I did not perform the migration. Only the steps afterwards
(continuous integration, and Evince settings).

I have found an issue. I don’t know how to link my GitLab user on
GNOME with my previous reports in Bugzilla.

I am unsure I follow. So my recommendation is a shot in the dark:

Try to add the email address you had in bugzilla into your email
preferences.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/profile/emails

However, that will not subscribe yourself to the bugs migrated (if you
want to be notified). I guess the solution is to add yourself
individually to each issue, or, alternatively, set a custom
notification: https://gitlab.gnome.org/help/workflow/notifications

I wonder whether it would make sense that reporters may able to close
their own issues at GitLab (the same way it was in Bugzilla closing
bug reports).

Or this might be possible, but I don’t have the bugs reported at
Bugzilla with my GitLab user.

I think they are, but for those issues reported in GitLab from now on.

My understanding is that there were some limitations in the migration
process, so every bug and comment were performed by a single account
(bugzilla-migration) as if they were new reports. Hence, we lost that
information.

See https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2018-March/msg00
023.html for more details.

--