Re: [evince] Added New Functionalities + Some TODOs

Hi,

On Sat, 2016-07-09 at 16:14 -0600, Arshad Husain wrote:
Hello,

I've added the ability for Evince to:
- underline
- strike-through
- choose between different annotation colors.

The way it works now is via modifying the annotation in its properties
(via right click -> "Annotation properties..."), then you can choose
color, and change type (highlight, strike-out, squiggly or underline).

May you explain the differences? I guess you are adding them in the
secondary toolbar.

What I found myself wishing is making the current selection an
annotation, but it is just because from time to time I forget to
activate the annotation icon.

My immediate TODOs:
- Create undo function (if not already implemented) or improve undo
function.

I don't think an undo is implemented.

IMO, at some point I thought this would be something I would like to
have as a user, but after annotating several PDF's I think this can
make Evince more complex without much gain because it is
straightforward to remove an annotation.

- Convert PS files to PDF format for viewing/annotating (PS reader
problematic; let's discuss). Apple's Preview converts PS to PDF for
viewing/annotating.

What is your idea for this?

Now you can print a PS document as a PDF file, and annotate that. It
may not be direct but it is not impossible either.

Cordially,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/