Re: [evince] Added New Functionalities + Some TODOs

PLEASE NOTE: Sorry for the double message. I forgot to cc evince-list.

- I find putting everything into the annotations toolbar more intuitive. I will be soon working on annotation circles, lines and squares. I am currently working on current selection markup functionality.

-The undo function is something I wish I had on evince as Apple Preview has it. I am also currently working on that. I think it would just make the program more streamlined. It helps with finding another way of removing annotations but also correct text annotations. I'll see how far I can get with that.

-As for PS files, I can't open them at all. Every time it says "File type PS document (application/postscript) is not supported." Converting them to PDF for viewing would help with reliability of opening to view PS files. Apple Preview does this as well.

Take a look: https://github.com/husain3/evince

Thanks,

Arshad Husain

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 2016-07-09 at 16:14 -0600, Arshad Husain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've added the ability for Evince to:
> - underline
> - strike-through
> - choose between different annotation colors.

The way it works now is via modifying the annotation in its properties
(via right click -> "Annotation properties..."), then you can choose
color, and change type (highlight, strike-out, squiggly or underline).

May you explain the differences? I guess you are adding them in the
secondary toolbar.

What I found myself wishing is making the current selection an
annotation, but it is just because from time to time I forget to
activate the annotation icon.

> My immediate TODOs:
> - Create undo function (if not already implemented) or improve undo
> function.

I don't think an undo is implemented.

IMO, at some point I thought this would be something I would like to
have as a user, but after annotating several PDF's I think this can
make Evince more complex without much gain because it is
straightforward to remove an annotation.

> - Convert PS files to PDF format for viewing/annotating (PS reader
> problematic; let's discuss). Apple's Preview converts PS to PDF for
> viewing/annotating.

What is your idea for this?

Now you can print a PS document as a PDF file, and annotate that. It
may not be direct but it is not impossible either.

Cordially,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/