Re: [evince] evince has wide black border

On 2015-09-29, jose aliste gmail com <jose aliste gmail com> wrote:
Hey grant,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Grant Edwards What is "it"?

The window manager not drawing normal title bar and borders around the
window?

The inability to disable CSD?

This is up to the maintainers of each application. Unfortunately for you,
we cannot disable CSD (Headerbar) in Evince 3.16 or 3.18.

That's unfortunate.

The width of the black border?

The color of the black border?

These two are likely bugs, and not intended. The border in Evince
should be around 1 px plus some shadows. In some systems the shadows
look as thes ugly black border you are seeing. By using the .css you
mentioned, you are working around these bugs.

As you are using a more "traditional" desktop, the recomended thing
is to use Atril from the Mate desktop. Atril started as a fork of
evince 2.32 and has keep old Evince UI while also providing some of
the improvements in newer version of Evince and even some
improvements that cannot be found in evince (for instance, atril
supports epub Books).

Thanks, I'll give atril a try.  It's too bad that CSD isn't something
that can be disabled to allow evince to work with old-school desktops
like other gtk-3 apps do.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I threw up on my
                                  at               window!