Re: [evince] evince has wide black border

Hey grant,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Grant Edwards What is "it"?

The window manager not drawing normal title bar and borders around the
window?

The inability to disable CSD?
This is up to the maintainers of each application. Unfortunately for you, we cannot disable CSD (Headerbar) in Evince 3.16 or 3.18.

The width of the black border?

The color of the black border?

These two are likely bugs, and not intended. The border in Evince should be around 1 px plus some shadows. In some systems the shadows look as thes ugly black border you are seeing. By using the .css you mentioned, you are working around these bugs.

As you are using a more "traditional" desktop, the recomended thing is to use Atril from the Mate desktop. Atril started as a fork of evince 2.32 and has keep old Evince UI while also providing some of the improvements in newer version of Evince and even some improvements that cannot be found in evince (for instance, atril supports epub Books).

Greetings

José

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! BELA LUGOSI is my
                                  at               co-pilot ...