Re: [evince] Helping with Evince

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof gmail com> wrote:

You can first start setting up a development environment so that you can contribute. There is an introduction here: https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove
But most importantly you will need to set up jhbuild (https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/JhbuildIntroduction) and learn how to submit patches (https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/SubmittingPatches).

Once you manage to set up jhbuild and actually build evince from the master branch, you can start looking for bugs to fix.

​I am going to dive into it. (And become a member of the mailinglist.)

Feel free to ask questions on IRC or here.

​One thing. With Evince every file is displayed in its own window. Personally I like the tabbed view of Acrobat Reader. (The problem there is you can detach a file, but after a refresh it is merged back into the tabbed view.) Something I would like to do is to make tabbed view possible. Is that doable for a start, or should I first solve some gnome-love bugs?

Please, don't work on Tabbed View. I believe we won't accept any patches that make evince tabbed. So please try to work on something else. Gnome-love bugs are always a good start, but as Juanjo Says, try to look on something you want/need (BUT not tabbed view).

Greets

José