Re: [evince] Helping with Evince

Hi Cecil,

You can first start setting up a development environment so that you can contribute. There is an introduction here: https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove
But most importantly you will need to set up jhbuild (https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/JhbuildIntroduction) and learn how to submit patches (https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/SubmittingPatches).

Once you manage to set up jhbuild and actually build evince from the master branch, you can start looking for bugs to fix.
All bugs related to evince can be found here: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=evince&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
And the gnome-love ones should be the easiest to start with: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=keywords%3Agnome-love+product%3A%22evince%22+

Feel free to ask questions on IRC or here.

Cheers,
Giselle