Re: [evince] compilation option for images

El Viernes 8 de noviembre de 2013 18:49, Pablo Rodríguez <oinos web de> escribió:
On 11/08/2013 08:48 AM, Juanjo Marín wrote:
  [...]
  Indirectly, you can open images when you open comics books formats like
  cbz, cbr or cbt. They are a bunch of images in a compressed file like
  zip, cbr or cbt. At this moment, the compressed formats rely on third
  party programs like unzip, unrar or tar. I am working in removing
  this dependency from these tools.

Hi Juanjo,

many thanks for your reply.

I’m not sure whether I understand what you mean. Can evince decode JPG,
PNG and GIF images wrapped in zip, rar or tar files and not directly?

Many thanks for your help,

The comics backend allows to view the image files inside of cbz, cb7, cbr and cbt files sort by alphabetic
order. The decompression is done using 3rd party tools like unzip, unrar, 7zip or tar. The images are loaded
in GdkPixbuf objects and rendered into a Cairo surface.

I mean indirectly because you should use package the images in a comic book format.

Cheers,

    -- Juanjo Marin