Re: [evince] compilation option for images

 On 11/7/13, Pablo Rodríguez <oinos web de> wrote:
 Hi there,

 sorry for the basic question, but which is(/are) the compilation
 option(s) that enable evince the opening of images.

 I want to report this to the Fedora packagers, since right now it
 doesn’t open any image (although GNOME offers it as an image viewer).

 Many thanks for your help,

 Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Indirectly, you can open images when you open comics books formats like
cbz, cbr or cbt. They are a bunch of images in a compressed file like
zip, cbr or cbt. At this moment, the compressed formats rely on third
party programs like unzip, unrar or tar. I am working in removing this dependency from these tools.

Cheers,

   -- Juanjo Marin