Re: [evince] ev_document_factory_get_document not loading pdf file

Hey Richard

I am glad you got it working. However, adding application/octect-stream to the pdfdocument.evince-backend is only a workaround for solving the real problem. Normally, you should get a pdf mimetype. If you have some updates on how to run evince without adding the application/octect-stream on a Mac, we would be grateful to know about it.

Greetings

José

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Richard Shann <richard shann virgin net> wrote:
Jose, Hib

Thank you so much for you helpful comments which I forwarded to
denemo-devel gnu org where Jeremiah now reports success:

>I got it working. I added mach-o support to evince.  I also set the
>mime type in pdfdocument.evince-backend to include
>application/octet-stream. Now its working fine.

This has been a long hard slog (not just the evince bit) but we appear
now to have Denemo with its built-in evince widget built on the three
major platforms. I am just uploading a demo which shows the evince
widget in action inside Denemo. It should be at
https://vimeo.com/search?q=denemo shortly.

Regards,

Richard