Re: [evince] Is there a way to insert pages

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:16:41 +0100
nb <nb dagami org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I use evince since years, what a wonderful program.
> I use it only to view multi pages TIFF files.
>
> Is there a way to drag and drop pages between files, just like
> Microsoft Office Document Imaging, or multi-pages tiff editor do ?
>
> All I need to do is to copy/paste some pages from one document to
> other documents.
>
> I have tried many programs, but no one of them permits this.
>
> If I could do that, I would erase my Windows XP and avoid dual
> booting.
>
> Regards

If you use only scaned image documents (no text selection is possible)
then I suggest to extract the files in the current PDF file (e.g. using
The GIMP or the other ways which were suggested thus far) and number
the files in an archive file such as TAR or ZIP and rename the file
extension to .cbt (for tar) or .cbz (for zip).