Re: [evince] what missing functionality is this document using?

DHR> I tried to view the filled in document with AR9 (on WinXP).  I wanted
DHR> to use the form's "validate and print" button to check my work.
DHR> But AR9 would not load the saved copy.  It said:

DHR> 	This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader.  The
DHR> 	document has been changed since it was created and use of
DHR> 	extended features is no longer available.  Please contact the
DHR> 	author for the original version of the document.

DHR> Is this just a polite way of saying that this document was originally
DHR> signed and it isn't any longer?

The original pdf may have support which permits recent versions of AR to
save the filled out document.  If so, that would explain the error you
got from AR.

Since you used qpdf to decrypt it, you may want to take a look at the
results of qpdf's --qdf switch; you might be able to drop some objects
to get the form info a format which both AR9 and Evince like.

I took a look at such a pdf; grep for PPKLite in the qdf version to
check whether it is and AR-savable form.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos jhcloos com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6