Re: How to build evince on Windows platform?

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:05 PM, ml zhan <zhan zr ml gmail com> wrote:
> After some nasty work. I have half passed the evince configure.(with
> gnome-doc-util and poppler commented out, I will consider the poppler
> library later).
> When I progressed the make. It seems I need a shared version of
> libiconv(maybe more).  Now I am using a compiled package from the
> mingw project which only included a static binary library.
> The output reads:
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /usr/lib/libiconv.la
> .
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> Creating library file: .libs/libevdocument.dll.a
> .libs/libevdocument_la-ev-init.o: In function `ev_init':
> d:\Documents and Settings\e486595\Desktop\evince-2.30.0\libdocument/ev-init.c:52
> : undefined reference to `libintl_bindtextdomain'
> d:\Documents and Settings\e486595\Desktop\evince-2.30.0\libdocument/ev-init.c:53
> : undefined reference to `libintl_bind_textdomain_codeset'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [libevdocument.la] Error 1
>
> Does it means that I must compiled a libiconv shared library by
> myself? Or there are some workaround?
> Sorry for disturbing. I will continue to work on it tomorrow.

Seems like you are not linking against libintl. Where did you get your
gtk/glib from?
In my glib-2.0.pc (for cross compiling on LInux) linking against
libintl is activated by the line:
------
Libs: -L${libdir} -lglib-2.0 -lintl
-----
Does your glib-2.0.pc file have  that line?

Did you download gettext runtime [1] and development files [2] from [3]?

Or do you have MinGW gettext [4] and MinGW libiconv [5] installed?

[1] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/gettext-runtime-0.17-1.zip
[2] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/gettext-runtime-dev-0.17-1.zip
[3] http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html
[4] http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW%20gettext/gettext-0.17-1/libintl-0.17-1-mingw32-dll-8.tar.lzma/download