Re: Git issues with Evince repository?

Op dinsdag 06-10-2009 om 23:57 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Juanjo
Marin:
> I asked for help on IRC and Owen Taylor kindly debugged it. It seems to
> be a permission problem and the setting of the umask in your bashrc
> caused the problem. You have umask '077', but you should use the default
> value (Debian-based distros uses '022' and Red Hat/SUSE distros uses
> '002')

Hi Juanjo,

Thanks for looking into it, and fixing the problem.

However, it makes me really, really, no, seriously, I mean, *really* sad
that a client side umask [1] causes Git repository corruption on the
Gnome infrastructure. I expected Gnome's version control tools to be
*slightly* less sucking before they were put into production use for a
large and important project such as Gnome.

    — Wouter (no, this is not a flame bait)

[1] My umask is 077 for a reason. I don't want others to be able to read
my files by default. That's a very valid reason, and I'm not going to
change it.