Git issues with Evince repository?

Hey all,

I'm having issues with Evince's git repository. It's quite likely I just
don't understand how Git works (this was the first time I tried to use
git — usually I use bzr or svn), though I exactly followed the
instructions on the Gnome wiki page:
http://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers

I think I committed and pushed a revision (minor docs change) using "git
commit -a" and "git push", so I expected to see my changes turning up on
git.gnome.org. However, http://git.gnome.org/cgit/evince/tree/ shows
really ancient files (it says evince-0-1 at the top right drop down
box!), and the page at http://git.gnome.org/cgit/evince/?h=master says
"Invalid branch: master".

For other projects this seems to work fine, e.g.
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtk+/?h=master shows me what I expect to see.

Any clue what I did wrong?

    — Wouter