Re: Evince presentation bug?

Op maandag 02-11-2009 om 08:12 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef graham
lawrence:
> Snippet?  Screen shot?  Maybe I should also highlight the funky
> character for you, so that you don't even have to scan the page for
> it.  Or would you prefer me to come and lead you to it by the hand?
>
> In less time than it took you to send me your email, you could have
> looked in aoa.pdf and found it for yourself.  So do so.

Hi Graham,

I don't like your hostile approach at all.

The reply Roderich sent after your first message was valid (did you mean
page 39 in the document, or the page with "39" on it?) and formulated in
a friendly manner.  As Peter pointed out with a supporting screenshot,
not everybody experiences the problem you described. Yes, screenshots
*do* help.

So, instead of insulting people by implying they are lazy (or stupid),
while in fact you were being lazy yourself, please come up with more
information and supporting evidence (a screenshot, for example) so that
the people who spend their (spare!) time diagnosing your problem don't
waste their time (mis)interpreting your vague description. (Or waste
their time sending messages like this.)

Oh, and please quote correctly next time. Thanks.

    — Wouter