Re: Problem with text extraction from 2 columns documents

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 7:32 AM, manu <hm_u laposte net> wrote:
> Hello,
> one disturbing limitation of evince for me is that it cannot properly
> extract text when a document is made of 2 columns. For example, when i
> select some text in one column, it is also selected in the other column...
> Acrobat reader can do it, so there are no missing informations in these pdf
> files.
> I am currently using evince 2.22.2, please excuse me if this problem is
> resolved in more recent version.

I've actually noticed this (lately?) too, I thought evince used to
handle it better..

kpdf has an interesting way to do selection via a box and then copy that to the
clipboard. Evince probably has a way or could have a way for two column support
to work properly...

here is a bug report that I found regarding this issue: