RFE Use of standard input in evince

Hello,

I'm new to the list. And I come with an RFE ;)

I tried first at Fedora, and have been redirected to evince-list.

At the moment, evince does not deal with standard input.

If the content of a PDF files comes from the standard input, it is silently
discarded.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

Any

How reproducible:

evince < PDF_FILE
COMMAND_GENERATING_PDF | evince

Steps to Reproduce:

1. generate a PDF file with an application such as ps2pdf, or any other PDF
generator
2. pipe it to evince
3. get an empty display

Actual results:

evince starts with an empty window.

Expected results:

evince starts with the PDF stream opened in the display window

Additional info:

Test case: man -t man | ps2pdf - | evince

or maybe: man -t man | ps2pdf - | evince -

In fact, the kind of behaviour I'm thinking about is gv's

man -t man | ps2pdf - | gv -