Problem with text extraction from 2 columns documents

Hello,

one disturbing limitation of evince for me is that it cannot properly extract text when a document is made of 2 columns. For example, when i select some text in one column, it is also selected in the other column... Acrobat reader can do it, so there are no missing informations in these pdf files.
I am currently using evince 2.22.2, please excuse me if this problem is resolved in more recent version.

sincerely,
LEM