Re: Configure Evince

On 7/26/07, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl> wrote:
> 2007-07-26 klockan 20:26 skrev Gideon Alon:
> > I get the following, although I compiled version 0.5.9 from source and
> > installed without errors.
> >
> > [gideon loolit ~]$ pkg-config --modversion --cflags --libs poppler
> > 0.5.4
> > -I/usr/include/poppler  -lpoppler
>
> Firstly, please quote like we all do. Reply below the original message,
> cutting away non-relevant parts. The way you do it makes a terrible mess of
> the thread. Thanks.
>
> Now, regarding your problem... try
>
>   $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
>
> instead of just the path to lib/. Then try
>
>   $ pkg-config --modversion --cflags --libs poppler
>
> again to see if it works now.
>
>   mvrgr, Wouter

Thank you for the comment. I followed your instruction and got the following:

[gideon loolit ~]$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
[gideon loolit ~]$ pkg-config --modversion --cflags --libs poppler
0.5.9
-I/usr/local/include/poppler  -L/usr/local/lib -lpoppler

It seemed to have solved the problem of the PDF support since now I get
PDF Backend........:  yes
after ./configure. I am still trying to get TIFF support. when
locating libtiff I get :
[root loolit]# locate libtiff
/usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
/usr/lib/libtiff.so.3.8.2
/usr/lib/libtiffxx.so.3
/usr/lib/libtiffxx.so.3.8.2
/usr/share/doc/libtiff-3.8.2
/usr/share/doc/libtiff-3.8.2/COPYRIGHT
/usr/share/doc/libtiff-3.8.2/README
/usr/share/doc/libtiff-3.8.2/RELEASE-DATE
/usr/share/doc/libtiff-3.8.2/VERSION

so I have libtiff version higher than 3.6. But how do I pass it to the
./configure script or export it to PKG_CONFIG_PATH?

Thank you very much for all the answers.
Gideon