Re: feature request: multiple tabs, back and forward buttons, multiple instances...?

On 8/3/06, none none <lots of mailing lists gmail com> wrote:
So I dont really have a single feature request but I think the ideas
of either back and forward buttons, multiple tabs (I'd like middle
clicking on a link to open a new tab on that page) or multiple
instances should be considered.

I'd like to have tabs too, for multiple documents too, because that is how I work - if I crossreference stuff I don't want to go all the way to the taskbar just for that. But I think there was some reasoning on the line of "it is a document so therefore it must be a window". Never understood what that was supposed to mean, other than "I don't like tabs". But they are ruled out, anyway. Too bad. It works so well in just about any other app, hell even vim and IE has tabs now...

I think that in Acrobat, if you press a link and then click back, you get back to the original place. I don't use it anymore, but I do miss that functionality sorely. If there are links there must be some kind of "go back"! It has cost me some time finding my way back to where I was...

I do think there might be some kind of bookmarking things on the way that may work to solve it partly, if it's easy enough to use. Then again, you would have to remember to bookmark any place before clicking the link...

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén
kristoffer lunden gmail com