Re: Initial comments

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 20:25 +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 13:40 -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
> > > - PgUp on the first page sets a watch cursor, but nothing seems to
> > > happen.
> >
> > This also seems to happen when you page down on the last page of a
> > document.
>
> Not sure what should really be the behavior here. Should we cycle
> between pages (ex. first page, page up -> last page). Or it's just the
> watch cursor thing that shouldnt happen?

I don't think the we should cycle last -> first or vice versa.  We
should just remove the watch cursor.

> > > - Up icon with "Down" text, and viceversa :)
> >
> > Heh.  That's definitely a bug :)
>
> Wow, embarassing one, fixed ;)

Awesome!

> > I was interested in removing the Back/Forward buttons as well and just
> > going with the Up/Down buttons on the left hand side.  The back/forward
> > seems to be a less than useful feature and takes up quite a bit of
> > space.  Really we want searching to be really good and then people can
> > use that to navigate quickly.
>
> Now that you made me implement session history? Aaaargh ;)

I know, I feel so guilty you spent time on that. :-\  For what it's
worth you did a great job!

> (FWIW I found these buttons quite confusing when I first seen them in
> gpdf)

I never really used them in gpdf, but in researching all other PDF
viewers I found that they all seemed to have them.  I was taken in by
the peer pressure and now we're running with a bad crowd. :)

Cheers,
~ Bryan