Re: GNOME Software Integration

Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org> wrote:
I believe it's not possible to do this outside of epiphany yet, but it
should be fairly simple. The API you need to expose is
lib/ephy-web-app-utils.h:ephy_web_application_get_application_list()

Would this meaning linking against epiphany?

Of the top of my head, you can't really link against ephy anymore, we
are not shipping a shared library since plugins were removed.

We could, of course, ship a small shared library for web app management
if this makes sense for GNOME software, although the code is simple enough,
it is probably cleaner than just copy-pasting it.

It some point I would like to require that Epiphany be installed as a
part of GNOME (and not be removable). It is intended as a core app,
after all. However, we also need to anticipate that some distros may
not agree. :)

Now this is not that important in the long run, epiphany
being the only place where apps can be managed is a shortcoming of not having yet
a way to do it that is akin to standard applications. Hopefully integration
with GNOME software will make this unnecessary, and then web apps won't need
to be managed from Epiphany at all.

Right, the idea behind this feature is that Software will take over
web app management from Epiphany - so we need to know that's OK.

Allan