Re: GNOME Software Integration

On 17 October 2013 11:13, Xan Lopez <xan gnome org> wrote:
I believe it's not possible to do this outside of epiphany yet, but it
should be fairly simple. The API you need to expose is
lib/ephy-web-app-utils.h:ephy_web_application_get_application_list()

Would this meaning linking against epiphany?

There is no such a thing. Web applications are created by the user from an
existing web page.

So you can create a web-app of any page? What do you do about icons
and translations?

They are stored in ~/.config/epiphany/app-epiphany-XXXXXXXXXX/app-icon.png,
where XXXXX is the domain of the app plus a random hash thing.

Only one size?

I think the basic issue here is that web apps are, as they stand, not meant
to be distributed, listed in a store, etc. They are just convenient wrappers
for a web page, with a special UI, that users can create on their own. If we
want to turn them into "apps" that you can put in a store we should change a
few things first. In the end, though, the app is nothing more than a
.desktop file and an app icon, basically.

So perhaps I've got the integration point wrong. What about if
gnome-software just created .desktop files in
~/.local/share/applications/ that had:

epiphany --application-mode
--profile=~/.config/epiphany/app-epiphany-hughsie.com
http://www.hughsie.com/

Then I can fully localize the summary, description and provide a link
for a high-resolution icon. Would these be picked up inside epiphany
as well, or is there some other magic?

Richard.