From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb cuci nl>
To: Christian Persch <chpe gnome org>
Cc: epiphany-list gnome org
Sent: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 9:51 am
Subject: Re: Commandline tool html2pdf

Christian Persch wrote:
>Le Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:53:13 +0200,
>"Stephen R. van den Berg" <srb cuci nl> a ??crit :
>> That works. However, there are two downsides to gnome-web-photo:
>> a. It appears that the output is rasterised in any case (this results
>> in rather ugly and bulky PDF files).
>> b. Since the output is rasterised: searching in the pdf becomes
>> impossible, and clickable links in the pdf become unclickable.

>I think the rasterisation / text issue may depend on the cairo version
>used; IIRC there have been some improvements with newer
>versions (?). Not sure; I haven't been following cairo and gecko
>development lately.

Erm... I tried this on Ubuntu-jaunty. I.e. printing the same HTML-page
from epiphany results in a PS/PDF file which is text-searchable; doing this
from gnome-web-photo seems to result in a PS/PDF which contains rasterised
pixel data only. Shouldn't both programs use the same printing engine/lib?
--
Sincerely,
Stephen R. van den Berg.

"Quantum computing is a bit weird"