Re: Commandline tool html2pdf

Christian Persch wrote:
>Le Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:53:13 +0200,
>"Stephen R. van den Berg" <srb cuci nl> a ??crit :
>> That works.  However, there are two downsides to gnome-web-photo:
>> a. It appears that the output is rasterised in any case (this results
>> in rather ugly and bulky PDF files).
>> b. Since the output is rasterised: searching in the pdf becomes
>> impossible, and clickable links in the pdf become unclickable.

>I think the rasterisation / text issue may depend on the cairo version
>used; IIRC there have been some improvements with newer
>versions (?). Not sure; I haven't been following cairo and gecko
>development lately.

Erm...  I tried this on Ubuntu-jaunty.  I.e. printing the same HTML-page
from epiphany results in a PS/PDF file which is text-searchable; doing this
from gnome-web-photo seems to result in a PS/PDF which contains rasterised
pixel data only.  Shouldn't both programs use the same printing engine/lib?
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

"Quantum computing is a bit weird"