Re: about:config (was: Re: How do I disable crash recovery dialog?)

On Feb 5, 2008, at 7:06 AM, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
And, doesn't the new webkit backend emphasize the need to dump
about:config entirely and use only gconf?

I'm not even sure it's possible to dump about:config when you're using
the mozilla back-end. In any case, about:config is already unsupported
in Epiphany. Some options may work, others won't. We don't depend on it
in any way. (Except perhaps a bit of advanced cookie handling policy,
that indeed should be moved elsewhere in the UI...)

Perhaps Epiphany could follow the "Do What I Mean" principle here? When someone tries to open about:config, it could launch gconf-editor automatically, open at the Epiphany branch.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/