Re: Keyboard shortucts and extensions

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 10:12:46 +0530, shirish wrote:
>Hi all,
>      First of all thank you for a cool browser.  I've been a firefox
>user for a long time as I can remember as well had been using IE
>before that. So I have few queries in order :-
>
>1. The conventional shortcut for the URI Address bar (Alt+D) doesn't
>work in epiphany. I tried to see in the preferences but came up nada
>there.  Any other place where you could tell me to look?

Since I never really was an IE user I've always thought that ctrl-l (for
location bar :-) was the conventional shortcut.  That works in both
firefox and epiphany.  It wasn't until very recently I found that IE
uses alt-d :-)

>3. Extensions :- This is a major thing. I see you guys have included
>Greasemonkey which can be used in quite few instances but not many
>people can use it. We need more third-party extensions. Is there some
>place where we can get third-party extensions or are mozilla extensions
>compatible?

I'm sure others can add to the list, but this is the only site I know of
for un-official extensions: http://www.sstuhr.dk/epiphany-extensions/

>4. Search engines :- There are no search-engines. Is there possibility
>of something be changed here in 2.20 perhaps?

Oh there is a search engine.  Just type a term in the location bar and
press enter, you'll be sent over to google to find it :-)

You can also add other search sites (e.g. Wikipedia, Wiktionary, etc) by
adding bookmarks that contain '%s' where you want your search term to
appear.  E.g. my bookmark for Wikipedia is
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%s";, which adds a "gray entry" in the
location bar drop-down.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus