about:config (was: Re: How do I disable crash recovery dialog?)

Hi Jeff,

Op maandag 23-07-2007 om 14:09 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Jeff:

> Sorry to hijack that thread, but I really had to ask: why do you guys
> still have that about:config thing? Why not do everything in gconf?
> Less confusion would be involved. Even I have no idea what settings in
> about:config actually are bound to epiphany.

It's something that we simply inherit from Mozilla. Some useful settings
from about:config are actually mirrored in Gconf (for
example /apps/epiphany/web/smooth_scroll), but I don't think we would
gain much by mirroring all of them. It would become a jungle.

That said, I think it would be handy to have the keyword.URL available
as a Gconf key.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen