automatic search and .com

Hi,

I have two questions.

1.) It seems epiphany 2.16 doesn't automatically search with Google,
when you type something what is not a URL in the address field. I can
understood this isn't default anymore, but can I activate it?

I really heavily use it and now got frustated when I type a big search
term and just got an error and my search term is deleted from the
address field and replaced with the URL of the current website.

2.) How can I deactivate the automatic expansion of "foo" to foo.com? I
type a hostname in my local network (which is not known by my computer)
or a keyword and it show me the corresponding .com website. It's pretty
useless for me, because 99% is spam/domain squatters or not related to
my needs.

Regards,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people world:/# apt-get --purge remove dominion
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'