Re: Suggestion for default toolbar settings

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 23:13 +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Currently if I freshly install epiphany I get a two toolbars
>
> * Toolbar 1
> Back | Forward | Stop | Reload | Home | History | Bookmarks | Smaller |
> Larger | GNOME Foot for progress
>
> * Toolbar 2
> Web Adress | Go
>
> Two toolbars by default is using up a large piece of precious screen
> real estate. Furthermore many of the functions of the first toolbar are
> hardly used and simply can confuse first time users. My proposal is to
> have just one toolbar just like firefox.
>
> I.e.
> Back | Forward | Stop | Reload | Web Address | Go | GNOME Foot for
> progress
>
> What do you all think about this? In my opinion it fits with the GNOME
> philosophy to keep things simple.
>
> Jaap

Another thing: the GNOME Foot/throbber/whatever it is called thingy
should be a normal toolbar item instead of a hardcoded thingy. I didn't
even see it until I tried to match the toolbar in epiphany with the one
in firefox... I couldn't remove the thingy from the toolbar.